I love the look of basket weave on a cake. It’s actually simple to do once you see! The top of the cake I put a candy flower made with Starburst candy.
Subscribe to our channel for three new videos each week!
One frosted cake (I have 2 8-inch cakes filled and frosted)
Buttercream Frosting or Pink Lemonade Frosting (see below)
Soft Pink food color gel (choose your color)
Basketweave Tip #48 & #104 Rose Tip
Disposable decorating bag or pastry bag
Pink Lemonade Frosting Recipe
2 sticks of softened butter (1 Cup)
2 cups Crisco shortening (optional yet needed if wanted to pipe)
6-8 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup Lemon Curd
Pink food color
Mix well until smooth and easy to spread or pipe with piping bag.
1 cup (2 sticks) butter (salted, or unsalted)
1 cup Crisco shortening
1/4 teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter)
4 – 6 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (best quality available)
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream, half and half or milk.
* In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix softened butter and crisco together.
* Add salt (if needed).
* One cup at time, add 2-3 cups of powdered sugar, beating after each addition.
* Add vanilla, or other flavorings and beat to combine.
* Add about 1 tablespoon of cream, and continue beating.
* Add the remaining 2-3 cups powdered sugar, one at a time.
* Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons cream until desired consistency is reached. If you want to pipe the frosting on cupcakes, the frosting should be nice and thick. Continue to beat another minute or so. The frosting should now be smooth and fluffy.
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Cake Mix Magic Recipes & Decorating Ideas