Make a girls wish come true with a princess castle cake. Here MacKenzie and I show you how simple it is to make your sweet dreams the highlight of the birthday party. With ice cream cones, cookies and candy, it is a quick and easy cake to make.
Subscribe to our channel for three new videos each week!
How to Frost a Cake:
One filled cake (we made a strawberry pink cake – see below)
Buttercream Frosting (see below)
Food color gels (I used electric purple)
# 18 decorating tip (or any star tip)
Disposable decorating bag or pastry bag
Ice cream wafer cones
Ice cream cake cones (pink ones)
Strawberry waffle cookies
Heart or colorful candy
1 cup (2 sticks) butter (salted, or unsalted)
1 cup Crisco shortening
1/4 teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter)
4 – 6 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (best quality available)
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream, half and half or milk.
* In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix softened butter and crisco together.
* Add salt (if needed).
* One cup at time, add 2-3 cups of powdered sugar, beating after each addition.
* Add vanilla, or other flavorings and beat to combine.
* Add about 1 tablespoon of cream, and continue beating.
* Add the remaining 2-3 cups powdered sugar, one at a time.
* Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons cream until desired consistency is reached. If you want to pipe the frosting on cupcakes, the frosting should be nice and thick. Continue to beat another minute or so. The frosting should now be smooth and fluffy.
White Cake Mix (I used Duncan Hines Brand)
3.5 ounce box of strawberry jello
3/4 cup strawberry puree (made by blending frozen strawberries)
or 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
1/2 Cup sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Mix all ingredients together until well blended. Bake in a preheated oven, 350 degrees. Bake for 35 minutes if using two 8-inch pans. Check for doneness before bringing out of the oven.
Let cool before frosting.
1 cup powdered sugar
1 egg white
Mix well. Add more powdered sugar if needed to get a thicker paste. Keep in airtight bag or bowl.