The trick is rolling the balls in cinnamon sugar after you have refrigerated them for 30 minutes. I say, prepare your dough and pop them in the fridge. Then right before dessert, roll them in the sugar, bake and you have straight out of the oven goodness.
Print the recipe – YUM!!
- 1 Cup butter (2 sticks) room temperature
- 1 1/2 Cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 3/4 Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp sugar (for rolling balls)
- 2 tsp cinnamon (for rolling balls)
- How to MakePreheat oven to 350°F.Mix butter, 1½ cups sugar and eggs thoroughly in a large bowl.Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.Blend dry ingredients into butter mixture.Chill dough, and chill on un-greased cookie sheet for about 30 minutes in the fridge.Meanwhile, mix 3 tablespoons sugar, and 3 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl.Scoop 1 inch globs of dough into the sugar/ cinnamon mixture. Coat by gently rolling balls of dough in the sugar mixture.Place on chilled un-greased cookie sheet, and bake 10 minutes.Remove from pan immediately.