If you love anything apples, this will become one of your favorite apple desserts.
Unlike a pie, this is a layered apple with spices and yummy topping. It will become a family favorite.
Make any time of the year as apples are usually in season throughout the year.
Get your printable recipe & how-to-make video below!
First, slice 6-8 apples and lay in a pan.
Next, toss 1/2 brown sugar, and 2 teaspoon allspice (or cinnamon & ginger) into the apples. This will coat he
Make Apple Crisp topping. Mix 2 sticks butter (somewhat softened), 3/4 Cup brown sugar, 1/2 Cup flour, 3/4 Cup oatmeal, 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon) and 1/2 cup pecan pieces (this is potional)
Layer toping on the apples.
Bake for 350 F for 30 minutes or until apples are tender.
The Best Apple Crisp
- 7 large apples (Granny Smith is best)
- 1 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 4 tsp Pumpkin pie spice cinnamon (optional)
- 2 sticks butter
- 1/2 Cup flour
- 3/4 Cup oatmeal (not instant)
- 1/2 Cup pecan pieces (optional)
- Peel and slice apple.
- Toss apples with 1/2 Cup brown sugar and 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- In a bowl, mix together 2 sticks butter, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 Cup flour, 3/4 Cup oatmeal, 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, and pecans (optional)
- Layer tops of apples with topping.
- Bake in preheated 350 F degrees oven for 30-40 minutes. Check for apples to be cookied through and tender.