When a slice of pie just doesn’t work. Make mini pie tarts! It’s a mini pie with yummy apples and flaky pastry. So grab some Granny Smith apples and some spices to make a new favorite for the holidays.
Watch Step-by-Step Video for you:
Mini Apple Pie Tarts
- cupcake pan
- Apple peeler
- pastry roller
- 1 1/2 Cups flour
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 stick butter 1/2 cup
- 3 Tbsp cold milk
- 2 Tbsp corn starch or flour
- 5-6 large Granny Smith apples
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1. In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, salt.
- 2. Cut in cold butter with pastry blender, fork, or use your hands. Make small butter beads.
- 3. Add cold milk and stir until a stiff dough.
- 4. Roll into ball. Flour a board and roll out.
- 5. Use a 4-inch cookie cutter or biscuit cutter. Or cut round shapes with a knife.
- 6. Place pastry rounds in the greased cupcake pans.
- 7. Peel and cut apples into small pieces.
- 8. In a bowl, mix apples, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, corn starch or flour, and vanilla extract.
- 9. Spoon apple mix into pastry rounds.
- 10. Bake at preheated oven 350 F for 30 - 40 minutes until apples are tender.