There is something special when you see a momma and baby bear together. It is the inspiration of our baby shower cake.
Using decorated sugar cookies to accent the cake made this cake a special gift to the mom and dad to be.
The color scheme can be your choice. We used blue, brown and green with edible accents.
Watch the how-to video to Decorating the cake:
Here is a longer version of how-to tutorial
What you need:
- Baked and cooled cake – we used 3 8-inch rounds
- Frosting – we used American Buttercream Click Here for recipe
- Sugar cookies – Click Here for recipe
- Royal icing – see recipe below
- We used bamboo sticks and wooden hearts to make “Welcome Baby” banner.
Making royal icing:
- 3 Cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract (or your choice)
In a bowl, mix all ingredients until a consistency you like. Add more milk & corn syrup if needed or more powdered sugar.
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Cake Mix Magic Recipes & Decorating Ideas