Need a rolling pin or cookie cutters? Check out our Amazon shop for the perfect one!
Click HERE to our Store
Best Sugar Cookie Recipe for Decorating
Perfect recipe for decorating sugar cookies
- rolling pin
- measuring cups
- 1 Cup Butter (1 cup) room temperature
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 large eggs (1 whole, 1 yolk)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 1/2 Cup corn starch
- 5 Cups flour
- Step 1: Beat butter, sugar, eggs, extract together.
- Step 2: Add flour 1/2 cup at a time, along with corn starch. Keep slowly adding until a stiff dough.
- Step 3: Refrigerate dough for 2 hours or overnight.
- Step 4: Roll out dough on flour board. Cut with cookie cutters.
- Step 5: Bake in preheated oven 350 F for 12 minutes or until slightly browned. Cool before decorating
Glossy Royal Icing
Want a glossy look for your decorated sugar cookies. This is it!
- 2 Cups powdered sugar
- 4 tsp whole milk
- 4 tsp corn syrup
- 1 drop food coloring
- Step 1: In a bowl, mix sugar, milk, and corn syrup. Step 2: Once mixed, use a whisk or higher speed mixer to add volume to icing.Step 3: Add more milk if too thick. Add more powdered sugar if too thin.Step 4: Add food colors of your choice.This icing will dry hard within 30 minutes, so keep covered while working with it.