Need a rolling pin or cookie cutters? Check out our Amazon shop for the perfect one!
Click HERE to our Store
Best Sugar Cookie Recipe for Decorating
- rolling pin
- measuring cups
- 1 Cup Butter (1 cup) room temperature
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 large eggs (1 whole, 1 yolk)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 1/2 Cup corn starch
- 5 Cups flour
- Step 1: Beat butter, sugar, eggs, extract together.
- Step 2: Add flour 1/2 cup at a time, along with corn starch. Keep slowly adding until a stiff dough.
- Step 3: Refrigerate dough for 2 hours or overnight.
- Step 4: Roll out dough on flour board. Cut with cookie cutters.
- Step 5: Bake in preheated oven 350 F for 12 minutes or until slightly browned. Cool before decorating
Glossy Royal Icing
- 2 Cups powdered sugar
- 4 tsp whole milk
- 4 tsp corn syrup
- 1 drop food coloring
- Step 1: In a bowl, mix sugar, milk, and corn syrup. Step 2: Once mixed, use a whisk or higher speed mixer to add volume to icing.Step 3: Add more milk if too thick. Add more powdered sugar if too thin.Step 4: Add food colors of your choice.This icing will dry hard within 30 minutes, so keep covered while working with it.
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Cake Mix Magic Recipes & Decorating Ideas