Here’s a quick overview of how to make your candy clay pumpkins.
These adorable pumpkin cupcakes are easier than you think.
I love working with chocolate candy clay. It is simple to make using a bag of candy melts or almond bark with some corn syrup. The only trick is never to let water get in the mix as it will harden.
Follow the recipe below to make your own cute pumpkins for your Fall festivities.
- 1 12 ounce bag orange candy melts
- ¼ Cup corn syrup
- Stems and Leaves
- 4 ounce green candy melts or green leaf edibles
- 2 Tablespoons corn syrup for green candy melts
- Melt candy in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 30 second intervals (stir) and microwave more if needed. Add the corn syrup. Do not add any water as this will ruin the recipe.
- Stir until the batter seizes up and gets to a soft-like dough.
- Dump dough into a Ziploc bag or saran wrap. Leave at room temperature for 8 hours or in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Thaw slightly and knead to create a pliable dough.
- Mold pumpkins in a ball, using a dull knife to create the lines on the pumpkins.
- Add edible green leaves or make your own using green candy melts.