Using just three food gel colors, you can create candy corn, bats, cats, pumpkins and witch hat for your Halloween cookie tray.
Make our yummy sugar cookies and royal icing (see printable recipe below).
Watch how quick and simple it is to outline and flood cookies with royal icing. Allow to dry and then you are ready to celebrate!
Once dry you can transport and use clear bags to showcase your work.
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- 2 Teaspoons milk
- 2 Teaspoons light corn syrup
- ¼ Teaspoon clear extract (vanilla, almond etc.)
- Assorted food colors (orange, black and yellow)
- In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Beat in corn syrup and extract until icing is smooth and glossy. If icing is too thick, add more corn syrup. Add food colors as needed.
- Using a sugar cookie recipe, cut out Halloween shape cookies (I used Halloween cat, pumpkin and candy corn cutters). Let cool. Make Royal Icing recipe and divide recipe into four bowls. Add each color (yellow, orange, and black with leaving one white).
- Using a piping bag with a #3 tip or a ziploc bag with small hole cut into it (I reinforce tip with scotch tape).
- Pipe the colors on and allow to dry for 30 minutes. If adding another color on top, allow to completely dry before adding new color.
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Jill's 20 BEST Cake Mix Magic Recipes & Decorating Ideas