Do you have wonderful memories of eating carrot cake as a child? My mom usually made them in the spring, especially around Easter holiday.
When at a restaurant I will usually choose carrot cake over a chocolate cake. I think I do this because carrot cake seems more difficult to make than other cakes.
But, making carrot cake isn’t as challenging as you may think. And these carrot cake cupcakes are super easy and delicious.
I encourage you to watch my how-to-make video first to give you all the ingredients and info to get excited about making them. First one is a quick 1-minute video – the second is a longer version. Take your pick!!
Then print your recipe below!! Happy baking!
- 1 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1/3 Cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 Cup canola oil
- 2 eggs – room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 Cups grated carrots
- 1/2 Cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
How to Make:
- Mix flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together.
- Make a well in the bowl to add oil, eggs, vanilla and milk. Mix till incorporated.
- Add carrots and nuts and mix.
- Put cupcake liners in cupcake pan.
- Scoop batter into cupcake liners and fill 3/4 high.
- Bake in pre-heated 350 degrees oven for 12 – 18 minutes – depending on your oven. Tap middle of cupcake and if it bounces make, it’s done.
- Let cool before frosting.
- Frost with our Cream Cheese Frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
How to Make:
- 1 8oz. package cream cheese
- 4 Tablespoons butter – room temperature
- 3 Cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Mix in a mixer till light and fluffy – ready to spread or pipe on cooled cupcakes.
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt optional
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk optional
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots about 5 carrots
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans optional
- Mix flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together.Make a well in the bowl to add oil, eggs, vanilla and milk. Mix till incorporated.Add carrots and nuts and mix.Put cupcake liners in cupcake pan.Scoop batter into cupcake liners and fill 3/4 high.Bake in pre-heated 350 degrees oven for 12 – 18 minutes – depending on your oven. Tap middle of cupcake and if it bounces make, it’s done.Let cool before frosting.Frost with our Cream Cheese Frosting.
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Cake Mix Magic Recipes & Decorating Ideas