I finally looked into how to make Chai spice. I love it but never realized how easy it is to make.
Watch How-To video and print recipe – Enjoy!
Once you make it, you can make cakes, cookies, cupcakes, chai spice latte (add to warm milk), or sprinkle in tea, coffee, and so much more.
Now that you have the Chai Spice, you are going to LOVE these Chai Spice cupcakes. I added candy ghosts for a Halloween party.
Chai Spice Cupcakes
- 1/2 Cup butter (1 stick) substitute with canola, vegetable or coconut oil
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp chai spice see how to make
- 1/4 tsp salt optional
- 2/3 Cup milk room temperature
- 1. Mix butter well. Add sugar, egg, and vanilla.2. In a new bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder and chai spice.3. Mix flour into sugar mixture. Mix well.4. Slowly add milk and stir till creamy.5. Scoop into cupcake liners.6. Bake in preheated oven at 350 F for 23 minutes. Check for doneness.7. Let cool. Frost with brown chai spice buttercreamBrown Butter Chai Spice ButtercreamBrown 1 stick butter. Heat until butter is toasty brown. Keep watch so it doesn't burn.Let butter cool in refrigerator until firm.Beat butter until creamy. Add 3 Cups powdered sugar and 2 tbsp whipping cream (milk can be a substitute). Mix well until spreadable.
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Cake Mix Magic Recipes & Decorating Ideas