Make and bake the perfect cookie for decorating. Bring chocolate flavor along with beautiful decorations.
Watch How-to video and get printable recipe. Enjoy!
Need Heart Cookie Cutters, Espresso Powder, or cookie roller. Visit our Amazon Shop for great cookie cutters and baking supplies.
Click Here for Amazon Shop
Perfect Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- cookie sheets
- parchment paper
- cookie cutters
- measuring cups
- pastry roller
- 1 Cup salted butter room temperature
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 each egg room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 4 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp espresso powder optional
- Step 1: beat butter, sugar. Add egg and vanilla extract
- Step 2: Mix in cocoa powder and sour cream.
- Step 3: Add 1/2 cup of flour at a time, mixing each time. Optional: Add espresso powder into flour before adding to mixture. Continue until all the flour is incorporated into mix.
- Step 4: Cover dough and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Step 5: Roll out and use cookie cutters to make shapes. Bake at preheated 350 F oven for 12 minutes or until slightly browned. Cool before decorating.
- Simple Royal Icing: Mix 1 Cup powdered sugar with 2 tsp milk and 2 tsp corn syrup. Add ore milk if to thick, add more powdered sugar if too runny.