Create a beautiful chocolate trees for your Christmas or holiday cakes. Using dark chocolate you can make easy-to-make tree scene.
Subscribe to our channel for three new videos each week!
Chocolate Tree Cake:
One baked and frosted cake (see buttercream recipe below)
Dark Chocolate (use chocolate bar or semi-sweet chocolate chips)
Disposable decorating bag or heavy-duty ziploc bag
Cookie batons or cookie straws (optional)
1 cup (2 sticks) butter (salted, or unsalted)
1 cup Crisco shortening
1/4 teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter)
4 – 6 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon pure almond extract (best quality available)
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream, half and half or milk.
* In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix softened butter and crisco together.
* Add salt (if needed).
* One cup at time, add 2-3 cups of powdered sugar, beating after each addition.
* Add vanilla, or other flavorings and beat to combine.
* Add about 1 tablespoon of cream, and continue beating.
* Add the remaining 2-3 cups powdered sugar, one at a time.
* Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons cream until desired consistency is reached. If you want to pipe the frosting on cupcakes, the frosting should be nice and thick. Continue to beat another minute or so. The frosting should now be smooth and fluffy.
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Cake Mix Magic Recipes & Decorating Ideas