Do you love cinnamon rolls right out of the oven? It’s the best!
My simple recipe for cinnamon rolls will put you front and center to eating them right from the oven. It’s like french fries, they don’t taste good after a few minutes. I never buy a cinnamon roll from a bakery as I want them hot and ready.
My video will show you a recipe to yeast dough the way my grandma taught me. My Italian grandma was a wonderful teacher in growing my love for baking.
There are many ways to modify the recipe. Add wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour. You can add raisins, nuts, cranberries, etc. to create different variations. You can also add cinnamon to the dough to have more cinnamon in the recipe.
To make a glaze, just mix some milk into powdered sugar to get a consistency you like.
- 1 Cup warm water
- 3 teaspoons rapid rise active yeast (or 1 packet)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon oil (any type of oil is fine)
- Parchment paper or spread shortening or oil on pan
How to Make:
- Pour warm water into a bowl.
- Sprinkle yeast on the top of the water.
- Sprinkle sugar on top of yeast. Stir slowly until it looks like dirty water.
- In another bowl, add 3 Cups flour. Add salt.
- Pour yeast liquid into middle of the flour.
- Add oil.
- Stir easily to making sure all flour is incorporated.
- Cover bowl with a towel for 30 minutes.
- Watch video how to make the cinnamon rolls.
- Bake at 350 degrees at 15-20 minutes until golden brown.