A perfect dessert cake for the holiday, birthday or special event. Using Oreo cookies as our main event ingredient, you will love this cake.
Subscribe to our channel for three new videos each week!
YouTube: Cookies and Cream Oreo Cookie Chocolate Cake
Chocolate Cake Recipe (see below)
Buttercream Frosting (see below)
Oreo Cookie Frosting (add buttercream frosting to crushed oreo cookies
Oreo cookies – mini’s
Oreo Cookie Ice Cream cones (optional)
Disposable decorating bag or pastry bag
Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe:
1 box Devil’s Food Cake Mix (I used Duncan Hines brand)
1 pkg. 3.5 ounce instant chocolate pudding (optional)
3/4 Cup milk
3/4 Cup vegetable oil
1 Cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla
Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter (salted, or unsalted)
1 8 oz. block of cream cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter)
4 – 6 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (best quality available)
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream, half and half or milk.
* In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix softened butter and cream cheese together.
* Add salt (if needed).
* One cup at time, add 2-3 cups of powdered sugar, beating after each addition.
* Add vanilla, or other flavorings and beat to combine.
* Add about 1 tablespoon of cream, and continue beating.
* Add the remaining 2-3 cups powdered sugar, one at a time.
* Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons cream until desired consistency is reached. If you want to pipe the frosting on cupcakes, the frosting should be nice and thick. Continue to beat another minute or so. The frosting should now be smooth and fluffy.