Make a cute Monster cake for your Halloween party this year! With lollipops, M&M’s and frosting you can make this cake in no time!
Subscribe to our channel for three new videos each week!
One frosted cake – half circle (1 8-inch cakes filled and frosted)
Buttercream Frosting (see below)
Lemon Yellow and Electric Puple color gel (choose your color)
Disposable decorating bag or pastry bag
1 cup (2 sticks) butter (salted, or unsalted)
1 cup Crisco shortening
1/4 teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter)
4 – 6 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (best quality available)
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream, half and half or milk.
* In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix softened butter and crisco together.
* Add salt (if needed).
* One cup at time, add 2-3 cups of powdered sugar, beating after each addition.
* Add vanilla, or other flavorings and beat to combine.
* Add about 1 tablespoon of cream, and continue beating.
* Add the remaining 2-3 cups powdered sugar, one at a time.
* Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons cream until desired consistency is reached. If you want to pipe the frosting on cupcakes, the frosting should be nice and thick. Continue to beat another minute or so. The frosting should now be smooth and fluffy.
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Cake Mix Magic Recipes & Decorating Ideas