It’s that spooky time of the year where cute goblins and ghosts visit our homes.
Let’s delight their tastebuds with decorated Halloween cookies.
All the cookies are decorated with royal icing.
Printable recipe below.
Watch how fun it is to decorate using royal icing and a toothpick to smooth out icing.
Things you Need:
- Recipe for Royal Icing (see below)
- Food colors (orange, black and green)
- Edible eyes for face cookies
- Ziploc bag or decorating bag
- Sugar Cookies (CLICK HERE for Recipe)
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- 2 Teaspoons milk
- 2 Teaspoons light corn syrup
- ¼ Teaspoon clear extract (vanilla, almond etc.)
- Yellow, orange and black food colors (I use Americolor)
- Candy corn cookie cutter or template you make yourself with cardstock
- In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Beat in corn syrup and extract until icing is smooth and glossy. If icing is too thick, add more corn syrup. Add food colors as needed.
- Pipe colors onto the cookies. Allow to dry before adding the face.