Want simple ways to decorate Halloween cupcakes? Using a bar of chocolate you can make letters, spider web, spooky tree, and bottom of witch hat. I love the Oreo cookie ice cream cones to make witch hats. These cupcakes are not only perfect for you Halloween party, but delicious too! Check out our many cupcake recipes to make yummy desserts!
Click below on my YouTube channel to learn how easy they are to make. Jill will show you how using melted chocolate makes lots of fun designs.
Buttercream Frosting (see below)
Food color gels (we used Americolor Electric Purple)
1 Hershey Chocolate bar or 1 cup chocolate chips (melt in the microwave for 30 second intervals until melted – keep stirring till smooth)
Oreo cookie ice cream cones
Royal Icing (see below)
Disposable decorating bag
#18 decorating tip (optional)
1 cup (2 sticks) butter (salted, or unsalted)
1 cup Crisco shortening
1/4 teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter)
4 – 6 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (best quality available)
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream, half and half or milk.
* In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix softened butter and crisco together.
* Add salt (if needed).
* One cup at time, add 2-3 cups of powdered sugar, beating after each addition.
* Add vanilla, or other flavorings and beat to combine.
* Add about 1 tablespoon of cream, and continue beating.
* Add the remaining 2-3 cups powdered sugar, one at a time.
* Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons cream until desired consistency is reached. If you want to pipe the frosting on cupcakes, the frosting should be nice and thick. Continue to beat another minute or so. The frosting should now be smooth and fluffy.
1 Cup Powdered sugar
1 egg white (no yolk!)
1 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
Mix well. Keep in air tight bag.
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Jill's 20 BEST Cake Mix Magic Recipes & Decorating Ideas