I was given a box of truffles and thought how fun it would be to make a cake for Valentines. The box of truffles came from Trader Joe’s, but you can buy them in most stores. You can actually use any candy to create this Valentines Heart Cake. It was fun making a video for you to see how quick and simple it is to make this beautiful cake.
With a rose tip and chocolate truffles or chocolate candy, you can create a pretty party cake for your special Valentines, birthday, or special occasion.
Watch Jill Make this Hearts Truffle Cake
Baked and frosted cake – see our amazing cake recipes (search cakes)
Buttercream Frosting (recipe below)
Heart cookie cutter or template
Chocolate truffles or candy Pink Americolor Gel Click Here for Amazon
#104 decorating tip Click Here for Amazon
Disposable decorating bag or pastry bag Click Here for Amazon
1 cup (2 sticks) butter (salted, or unsalted)
1 cup Crisco shortening or lard
1/4 teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter)
4 – 6 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon pure almond extract (best quality available)
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream, half and half or milk.
* In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix softened butter and shortening together.
* Add salt (if needed).
* One cup at time, add 2-3 cups of powdered sugar, beating after each addition.
* Add vanilla, or other flavorings and beat to combine.
* Add about 1 tablespoon of cream, and continue beating.
* Add the remaining 2-3 cups powdered sugar, one at a time.
* Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons cream until desired consistency is reached. If you want to pipe the frosting on cupcakes, the frosting should be nice and thick. Continue to beat another minute or so. The frosting should now be smooth and fluffy.