If you LOVE brownies but eating low-carb or gluten-free – these are it!!
I tweaked this recipe a few times to get it just perfect for brownie lovers.
The brownies are yummy and packed with chocolatey flavor. I did refrigerate for one hour before eating as they tasted better that way.
Here’s the breakdown of changes to traditional brownie recipe:
- Avocados (need to be ripe) replace butter.
- Truvia replaces granulated sugar. Truvia is 75% less calories and net carbs than sugar. It uses a blend of sugar and stevia. If you are looking for zero sugar, replace with 1/4 cup stevia or 1/2 cup pure maple syrup or agave.
- We used 2 eggs but you can use 3 egg whites instead.
- Cocoa powder is unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Almond flour instead of all-purpose flour.
Watch how-to video and get printable recipe!
KETO Low-Carb Chocolate Brownies
- 8 x 8 brownie pan
- 2 large avocados must be ripe
- 3/4 Cup Truvia sugar substitute
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Cups almond flour
- 3/4 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt optional
- Mash 2 avocados in a bowl.
- Add sugar substitute, 2 eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- In another bowl, mix almond flour, cocoa, and baking soda. Add salt if desired. Mix well.
- Pour avocado mixture into flour mixture. Mix well.
- Pour into lined parchment 8 x 8 baking pan. Spread to the corners.
- Bake in preheated 350 F degrees oven for 20 minutes.
- Let cool. Refrigerate for one hour before serving.