I love birds, especially love birds. When my friend was having her bridal shower I of course thought of “Love Birds” as the theme. I decided to make two designs – one with blue birds chocolate molds and the other with fondant topper with little blue birds and leaves (I found the sugar birds and leaves at Michael’s Craft store – did you know they have a $1 section of edibles!!!?)
Cupcakes & Frosting – Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (go to search to find recipes)
I encourage you to make everything the day before as the fondant needs to dry for at least 10 hours.
How to make:
- Blue bird molds. I bought the mini bird mold at Michaels craft store.
- Blue Candy Melts (use any color)
- Disposable decorating bag or freezer ziploc bag
- Red fondant (I bought a small pack at Michales craft store)
- Mini heart cutter (( had this but you can find in almost any craft store)
- White fondant
- 2 inch heart cookie cutter
- Royal icing (mix 1 egg white with 1 cup powdered sugar)
- Brown food color or mix unsweetened cocoa in royal icing to get brown
- Mini sugar birds and leaves (I found in $1 edible section at Michaels craft store)
After the cupcakes were cool, I frosted the cupcakes with chocolate chip cookie dough frosting.
Roll out white fondant and cut with heart cutter. Allow to dry for at least 10 hours.
Make brown royal icing by mixing 1 cup powdered sugar with 1 egg white (no yolks). Add brown food coloring. Put in ziploc bag and cut a tiny hole to pipe out a branch.
Make the branches and quickly place the birds and leaves on the royal icing. It will act like a glue to hold the sugar edibles.
Roll our red fondant and make small hearts. Place by the branches.
Chocolate Bird Molds:
Melt candy melts in a microwave safe bowl at 30 second intervals. Stir and keep melting until you can stir without pieces. Place in a disposable decorating bag or ziploc bag. Cut a small hole. Pipe into the chocolate molds. Allow to harden for at least an hour. Pop out.
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Cake Mix Magic Recipes & Decorating Ideas