Don’t have a decorating tip for your cakes & cupcake designs? Have no fear, Jill is here to show you how to make them using storage bags and tape. You just need heavy-duty storage bags and scotch tape with a pair of scissors.
Here I show you how with the simple-to-make YouTube Video
Now that you know how, let’s get decorating!
Get Food Color Gels (Pink & Blue) Click Here (Amazon Link)
Use any of our wonderful decorating frostings, but my favorite is below.
Buttercream BASIC Frosting:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter (salted, or unsalted)
1 cup Crisco shortening or 1 tub of store-bought vanilla frosting
1/4 teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter)
4 – 6 cups powdered sugar (depending on stiffness)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (best quality available)
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream, half and half or milk.
* In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix softened butter and crisco together.
* Add salt (if needed).
* One cup at time, add 2-3 cups of powdered sugar, beating after each addition.
* Add vanilla, or other flavorings and beat to combine.
* Add about 1 tablespoon of cream, and continue beating.
* Add the remaining 2-3 cups powdered sugar, one at a time.
* Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons cream until desired consistency is reached. If you want to pipe the frosting on cupcakes, the frosting should be nice and thick. Continue to beat another minute or so. The frosting should now be smooth and fluffy.