Create mini birthday cakes on a stick! Using cake, frosting, sticka and sprinkles, you can create these party cake pops.
Subscribe to our channel for three new videos each week!
Birthday Cake Pops
Baked cakes (I used butter cake recipe below)
Buttercream frosting (see recipe below)
Rubberbands or tape
Sticks or straws
#18 tip and disposable decorating bag
Container, vase or jar to hold the cake pops
1 cup (2 sticks) butter (salted, or unsalted)
1 cup Crisco shortening
1/4 teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter)
4 – 6 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon pure almond extract (best quality available)
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream, half and half or milk.
* In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix softened butter and crisco together.
* Add salt (if needed).
* One cup at time, add 2-3 cups of powdered sugar, beating after each addition.
* Add vanilla, or other flavorings and beat to combine.
* Add about 1 tablespoon of cream, and continue beating.
* Add the remaining 2-3 cups powdered sugar, one at a time.
* Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons cream until desired consistency is reached. If you want to pipe the frosting on cupcakes, the frosting should be nice and thick. Continue to beat another minute or so. The frosting should now be smooth and fluffy.
Butter Yellow Cake
Makes two 8-inch round cakes or 24 cupcakes.
3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
2 cups granulated sugar
4 large fresh eggs, room temperature
1 cup milk, room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
Grease the inside of the cake pans with shortening. Dust the pan with flour.
In large bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and salt.
In large mixing bowl, cream butter on medium setting of mixer for one minute. Gradually add sugar. When needed, stop the mixer to scrape down the sides, making sure all the butter and sugar are mixed well. Beat until light and fluffy.
Beat eggs in a separate bowl. Add eggs to butter & sugar mixture. Continue beating until well mixed. Scrape down sides when needed.
Set mixer to low setting. Slowly alternate adding flour mixture and milk. Mix well. Add vanilla.
Spread batter into dusted pans about 2/3 high. Smooth evenly.
Bake for 25 -30 minutes for cake and 15 – 20 minutes for cupcakes. Check for doneness by carefully touching cake to see if it bounces back. If it is not done, check every five minutes.
Let cakes cool. Turn cakes onto plates and cool in the refrigerator for at least two hours before decorating.