The best staple in a bakers recipe book is a perfect vanilla cupcake.
Why? With this recipe you can add many ingredients to enhance the flavor. Or, just leave it just the way they are – moist and sweet.
Example: add lemon juice, cup up pineapples, coconut, chocolate chips, cut up cherries, sprinkles, and food color gel to give it new color.
Moist Vanilla Cupcakes
- 1 3/4 Cups flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt optional
- 1 stick butter or 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 3 each eggs Egg whites if you want white cupcakes
- 2 tsps pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 1/2 Cup milk or buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 20-24 muffin cups with paper liners.Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Make sure they are all mixed well.Soften the butter to almost melted.in a separate bowl, mix butter and sugar until creamy.Add eggs and mix well.Add vanilla, sour cream and milk. Mix together.Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. Fill muffin cups 2/3 way full.Bake for 15-20 minutes. Cool before decorating.
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Jill's 20 BEST Cake Mix Magic Recipes & Decorating Ideas