If you have truck lovers in you home, this is a perfect idea for a birthday cake or other special occasion.
I love adding decorated cookies to cakes, as it gives it more personality and dimension.
This cake was made for three birthdays – a jeep lover, monster truck lover, and a person who drives dump trucks. It made for a fun birthday celebration. They were all surprised and loved that their names were written on the cookies.
Watch the HOW- TO Video and be inspired to get baking and decorating. Instructions below.
What you Need:
- 4 8-inch round layers of cake (double recipe)
- 1 Batch of Buttercream CLICK Here
- 1 sugar cookie recipes CLICK Here
- Cookie cutters – Find these cookies in my Amazon Shop – https://amazon.com/shop/todayscreativefood/
- Royal Icing – I have a few good recipes but favorite is mixing 1 cup powdered sugar with 2 teaspoons corn syrup and 1 teaspoon milk.
- Food color gels of your choice
- Variety of colored candy – the rock looking candy is chocolate fruit covered candy I found at Trader Joes.
- Cookie sticks to bake with the cookies to insert in cake.
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Cake Mix Magic Recipes & Decorating Ideas