We had such a fantastic time at my Kid’s Baking Class – making a variety of pancake flavors.
I taught the kids that with a basic recipe you can make different varieties by adding new ingredients, as long as it doesn’t compromise the base.
The six pancakes we made were:
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes – add 3/4 cup
- Peach Cinnamon Pancakes – crush canned peaches and sprinkle cinnamon
- Oreo Cookie Pancakes – crush 4 -6 Oreos
- Raspberry Pancakes – 1/2 Cup raspberry jam
- Nutella Pancakes – 1/2 cup nutella
- Blueberry Pancakes – 3/4 Cup blueberries
Basic Pancake Recipe:
- 1 1/2 Cup flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 Cup milk or buttermilk
- 1 egg
How to Make:
In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients well. Make a well in the flour mixture. Add the milk and egg. Stir until all the wet ingredients are incorporated into the dry ingredients.
When adding new ingredients, slowly add and mix together. Do not beat.
Heat griddle or pan. Oil pan lightly.
Pour 1/4 cup pancake mix at a time. When you see bubbles on pancakes, wait until they pop and then turn over. Cook another minute.
Leave a Reply