There is a big difference in eating a homemade pumpkin pie vs. a frozen pie you heat up. First is the crust. You will love my no-fail pie crust along with my two favorite pumpkin pie recipes.
I use the remaining pie crust to cut shapes to lay on the sides of my crust. Here I used mini leaf cutters and brushed with egg yolk to give it a nice shine.
Watch a One-Minute Video to See how EASY it is to Make
Here is a longer version of the Video
Do you need a Pie Crust?
I have two easy pumpkin pie recipes – one using the pre-made pumpkin pie mix and the other using pumpkin puree (you add the spices and sugar, etc.)
Both turn out great.
What you need:
Pie crust recipe (save left over dough for shapes)
Mini cookie cutters or knife to cut shapes
Pumpkin Pie Can (it already has all the cinnamon etc.)
2/3 Cup evaporated milk
Whisk well. Pour into prepared pie crust.
Put in hot preheated 400 degrees oven for 10 minutes.
Then bring temp to 350 degrees for another 50 – 60 minutes.
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) Evaporated Milk, (Or substitute with equal amount Lactose-Free or Almond Cooking Milk)
- MIX sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- POUR into unbaked pie shell.
- BAKE in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Jill's 20 BEST Cake Mix Magic Recipes & Decorating Ideas