I had so much fun designing these cookies.
Instead of using the flooding method of cookie decorating, I made a thicker royal icing to pipe.
I love how it created more definition like buttercream but dried hard like a flooded cookie.
I made a Mickey Mouse cookie using chocolate candy melts.
AND, made a basketweave cookie that I absolutely love. It is so easy to do (with a steady hand) and turns out beautiful.
Using DOTS candy I made the pumpkin stems but you can use any type of green candy.
Watch the videos to see how easy they are to make. AND have fun!
Recipe for Royal icing and sugar cookies below.
Need decorating supplies or ingredients? Find them in our Amazon store.
Things you will Need:
- Sugar Cookies (see below)
- Royal icing
- Food color (orange, black)
- Chocolate candy melts (for Mickey mouse)
- Decorating bags or ziploc bags (cut small hole)
- Dots candy (green pieces)
- Pretzel sticks for simple pumpkin
- Edible leaf quins (Wilton)
- 4 egg whites (no yolks) at room temperature
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Mix well. Beat with a mixer to get thick consistency to pipe. COVER so the icing does not get hard.
After decorating, allow to harden before transport or serving.
Leave a Reply