Don’t have time to decorate a cake?
This is a perfect Fall favorite with easy to make cake and frosting, drizzled with caramel.
Using a cake mix in the recipe makes it quick and simple, along with left over pumpkin puree to make yummy pumpkin frosting.
See printable recipe and how-to tutorial below.
You can make home-made caramel Click Here for recipe
Get my “Let’s Roll-out the Holiday Cookies” e-cookbook. Now, just $9.99 with discount code: “holiday19”
Pumpkin Caramel Torte
- cake pans
- parchment paper
- 4 large eggs
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 1/2 Cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Can pumpkin puree
- 1. Beat eggs well.
- 2. Add yellow cake mix, milk, oil, spice, and puree. Mix well.
- 3. Pour into two 8-inch pans or bundt cake. Make sure to line pans with parchment paper or oil pans and dust with flour.
- Bake in pre-heated oven 350F for 25-35 minutes. Check for doneness as middle of cake with bounce back when you press finger lightly. If using a bundt cake you will need to bake longer.
- Cool before frosting cake. Make frosting with:1 stick butter8 ounce cream cheese1/2 Cup pumpkin puree1 tsp pumpkin pie spice4 -5 Cups powdered sugar
- Cut cakes into four layers (see video) and add frosting to every layer. Drizzle with caramel and top with pecan pieces.