Oh, the many ways you can use rice krispy treats.
Here we made patriotic stars using out traditional rice krispy treat recipe, along with a star cookie cutter and candy melts (any brand is good).
We added bamboo sticks to some of them to pop up in a jar for a wonderful display.
Once your candy melts are dry, you can put in clear bags with a ribbon and give as little take home gifts. So fun!
Watch how easy they are to make and have fun making them!
What you need:
- Rice Krispy Treat recipe (see below)
- Candy melts (I used red and blue)
- Edible sprinkles (optional)
- Bamboo sticks (optional)
- Cookie cutter (we used a 4-inch star)
Rice Krispy Treats
- 1/2 stick butter 1/4 cup
- 1 bag mini marshmallows 10 oz.
- 8 Cups rice Krispy cereal any brand is fine
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1. in a large stovetop pan, melt butter. 2. Add marshmallows and continually stir till 3/4 way melted.3. Take pan off burner and continue stirring marshmallows till completely melted.4. Add vanilla extract and stir.5. Add rice cereal and fold till all incorporated.6. Press into a buttered pan.7. Let cool before cutting. 8. Store in a plastic storage bag.
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Cake Mix Magic Recipes & Decorating Ideas