Be amazed how easy it is to create beautiful cupcakes with just one tip. The Rose Tip (#104) is a versatile tip and can become a pretty designs on cupcakes.
Watch Jill use a Rose Tip (#104) to create four pretty cupcakes!
Buttercream Frosting (see below)
#104 Decorating Rose Tip
Food color gel (I used electric pink)
Edible toppings (I used heart quins and edible pearls)
1 cup (2 sticks) butter (salted, or unsalted)
1 cup Crisco shortening
1/4 teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter)
4 – 6 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon pure almond extract (best quality available)
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream, half and half or milk.
* In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix softened butter and shortening together.
* Add salt (if needed).
* One cup at time, add 2-3 cups of powdered sugar, beating after each addition.
* Add vanilla, or other flavorings and beat to combine.
* Add about 1 tablespoon of cream, and continue beating.
* Add the remaining 2-3 cups powdered sugar, one at a time.
* Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons cream until desired consistency is reached. If you want to pipe the frosting on cupcakes, the frosting should be nice and thick. Continue to beat another minute or so. The frosting should now be smooth and fluffy.
Subscribe to our channel for three new videos each week!