There is something beautiful about a ruffled rose. It is not as defined as a regular rose we are accustomed to seeing.
Making the DIY rose tip gives you the freedom to create a variety of floral options. I love the ruffles in this flower cupcake. The options for color are endless. White for a wedding or bridal shower, yellow for friendship or Mother’s Day, orange for an autumn gathering, red for Valentine’s day or a proposal, and the list goes on. What would your make with this easy to create flower cupcake?
Watch my YouTube video and then get all the details below.
You will Need:
- Cupcakes (we have lots of recipes for you – type cupcakes in search bar)
- Freezer bag
- Scotch tape
- Buttercream frosting (see recipe below)
- Edible pearls (optional)
- Food color gel (I used pink)
- 1 Cup butter (room temp)
- 1 Cup vegetable shortening
- 4 Cups powdered sugar
- Clear extract – I used almond extract (optional)
Mix butter and shortening with a beater or mixer until smooth. slowly add sugar until a thick consistency. You can add more powdered sugar if needed. Add extract. Add color.