I love simple treats you can make in minutes. This is one you and definitely kids will love.
I am putting circus animal cookies on top, but you can vary it with anything to adorn the top of the crispy treats. For example, use blue sprinkles and put a red swedish fish on top for a beach theme.
So, let’s talk about the ingredients:
- Box of Rice Crispy cereal (you do not have to use the name brand)
- 10 ounce bag of mini marshmallows
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Circus animal cookies
How to make: Follow the directions on the box of rice cereal. When you add the cereal, you also add 1/2 cup sprinkles.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter.
- Add the marshmallows and stir (on low heat) until melted.
- Add vanilla (optional)
- Take pan off burner and add 8 cups cereal.
- Add sprinkles.
- Stir until all the marshmallow is mixed.
- Spread in a buttered pan, parchment paper or foil.
- When cool, cut into squares.
- Press in the circus animals.