Six Cakes with a Mix Magic
Cake mixes are the perfect answer to busy people who want homemade taste. If you’re looking for new flavor to a regular cake mix, the following recipes will do just that. Just follow the recipe on the cake mix box but substitute ingredients where indicated. Each cake mix will make 2 8-inch round cakes, one 9 x 13 rectangle cake or 24 cupcakes.
Creator/Designer: Jill Lodato
Recipe type: Cake
Will Serve: 15
- Lemon Zest Cake
- Add 2 Tablespoons of lemon zest to a white or yellow cake mix recipe.
- Mocha Latte Cake
- Add 1 Tablespoon instant coffee granules and ½ cup sour cream to devils food cake mix recipe.
- Cinnamon Spice Cake
- Add 2 Teaspoons cinnamon, ¾ teaspoon nutmeg, and ¼ teaspoon cloves to yellow cake mix recipe.
- Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Cake
- Add 1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips to devil’s food cake mix recipe.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cake
- Add ½ cup creamy peanut butter to devil’s food cake mix recipe. Sprinkle 1 Cup peanut butter morsels into batter and gently mix.
- Chocolate Orange Cake
- Instead of water needed in recipe, add ⅔ Cup orange juice and ⅔ Cup water. Add 2 tablespoons grated orange zest.
How to Make
- Using a store-bought cake mix (my favorite is Duncan Hines), follow the directions with the additional ingredients to change the flavor.
- If using a cake pan, grease and lightly flour the pans for easy release.
- Bake cakes according to recipe, checking for doneness.
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Cake Mix Magic Recipes & Decorating Ideas