Watch now to see how easy it is.
Easy Access to get the templates you want.
Go to google.com and type “batman clip art black and white” and “superman clip art black and white” and choose the templates you like. Save it and paste in a word document. You can adjust the size of the templates before you printPrint it out and cut the templates out, before laying them on the fondant. If using the royal icing method, you don’t need to cut out the templates. Just lay parchment paper over the templates and tape down so it doesn’t move. Then fill in the areas with the colored royal icing. Let dry for at least 2 hours before pulling up and laying on the cake..
How to Make Homemade Fondant:
Batman Superman Cake
One baked cake (I made a red devil’s food two 8-inch cake)
Frosting (see recipe below)
Sky Blue color gel
Fondant (black, red and yellow)
Fondant roller or rolling pin
Parchment paper or waxed pape
If using a royal icing method, you need the royal icing recipe and template.
Glossy Icing Recipe (see below)
1/2 cup (1 sticks) butter (salted, or unsalted)
1/2 cup Crisco shortening
1/4 teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter)
4 – 5 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon pure almond extract (best quality available)
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream, half and half or milk.
* In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix softened butter and crisco together.
* Add salt (if needed).
* One cup at time, add 2-3 cups of powdered sugar, beating after each addition.
* Add vanilla, or other flavorings and beat to combine.
* Add about 1 tablespoon of cream, and continue beating.
* Add the remaining 2-3 cups powdered sugar, one at a time.
* Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons cream until desired consistency is reached. If you want to pipe the frosting on cupcakes, the frosting should be nice and thick. Continue to beat another minute or so. The frosting should now be smooth and fluffy.
Glossy Royal Icing:
1 Cup powdered sugar
1 egg white (no yolk)
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
Mix well and add the black food color gel. Store in air tight container until ready to use