I rarely cover cakes with fondant, but do like to accent with fondant. Here you create beautiful snow-capped trees with green fondant and royal icing. Also, using mini star cutters, you can accent with stars. And you will notice the mini candy canes to make hearts and side posts. All fun to create.
Watch video on hoe to make:
- Baked and frosted Cake. I used a three layer 8-inch cake to have height to showcase all the stars. Click on our frosting and cake recipes for ideas.
- Green and yellow fondant
- Fondant roller or rolling pin
- Royal icing (1 cup powdered sugar and 1 egg white or 1 Tablespoon meringue powder)
- Mini candy canes
- Christmas tree and mini star cookie cutters
- #22 tip for borders.
- Disposable decorating bags.