When I started Todays Creative Food my goal has always been to design cakes and other goodies that a home baker can make.
I want to show people that they can make their cake look like it was professionally made.
One way to do this is to use colorful ingredients like candy, instead of mixing many color of frosting which can be very time consuming and messy.
I designed and created this cake for Harley who turned four years old. She loves Unicorns so I knew she would love this simple but colorful cake.
Watch how fun and easy it was to make.
NOTE: If you do not have time to make the fondant horn or ears, you can frost a ice cream cone and add sprinkles for the horn and cut large marshmallow in half to make the ears.
To purchase fondant and edible gold dust online, visit our Amazon store
What you need:
- White fondant (for horn and ears) – see Amazon Store
- Bamboo stick or chopstick
- Decorating bag or freezer ziploc bag
- #18 Decorating Tip – see Amazon Store
- Edible Gold dust – see Amazon Store
- Black gel tube – see Amazon Store
- Colorful gel candy slices
- Colorful gummy worms
- 2 8-inch round cakes
- 1 batch of Buttercream frosting – see Recipe Here
- Clear extract or tiny amount of alcohol (like vodka) to mix with the gold dust
- Paint brush
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Cake Mix Magic Recipes & Decorating Ideas