Teaching kids to cook at an early age makes all the difference in their future in food.
We live in a culture of “quick” foods and do not really know what it in the foods.
When we teach children to use whole foods that are packed with nutrition that feeds their bodies – they will continue this desire as they get older.
Today I am sharing the vegetable soup recipe we made at Kids Cooking Camp.
I taught the kids cutting skills with vegetables and then we made yummy veggie soup.
Watch the video of the kids having fun making the soup.
Ingredients Needed: (printable recipe below)
- Vegetables (celery, zucchini, carrots, onions, etc.)
- Vegetable broth
- Onion soup mix
- Olive oil (any oil is fine)
- 1 can Petite diced stewed tomatoes (with seasoning added)
- Noodles (we used egg noodles as they cook quicker)
Easy Vegetable Soup
- 5 Cups diced vegetables of your choice
- 2 boxes vegetable broth
- 1 can petite stewed tomatoes seasoned
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 bag egg noodles
- 1 pkg onion soup mix
- 1. Cut vegetables2. Heat olive oil in large pan. Add vegetables.3. Saute' vegetables until sizzling.4. Add package of soup mix. Continue to cook and stir.5. Add broth. Lower heat. Heat and stir for 5 minutes.6. Add 1 cup water and heat for a few minutes.7. Add noodles.8. Cook on medium heat until noodles are cooked through.9. Serve.10. Store in air-tight container in refrigerator.