Here’s Roaring 20’s theme cookies for a wedding or bridal shower.
My friends son was getting married and I wanted to offer a gift of cookies to them. Their theme was Roaring 20’s with gold and black and elegance.
I used my favorite sugar cookie recipe using almond extract as the flavor. They were a big hit!
Perfect Sugar Cookie Recipe
- electric mixer
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pure almond extract
- 1/2 cup cornstarch 4
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Cream butter and sugar together with electric mixer.
- Add 1 egg and mix well.
- Add just the yolk of other egg. Mix well.
- Add extracts and mix well.
- Slowly mix in flour with cornstarch to create a stiff dough.
- Put dough in a ziploc bag and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Roll out dough onto a floured board with rolling pin. Roll to 1/4 inch height. Cut shapes with cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool before decorating.