Have you heard about WordPress making a big change in their editing process?
Yes, ready to launch around August 2018 a new format, called Gutenberg WordPress 5.0 is going to change the way we create posts and other blog operations.
WPTasty created a wonderful article to summarize how Gutenberg will be a change-maker in creating posts. See link below to read the article.
A few key points:
- You do not have to authorize the upgrade if you want to stay with the current WordPress editing. You will need the Classic Editor plugin to keep with the same editing you have now.
- The new Gutenberg uses a BLOCK feature where your blog posts are added in blocks. There is a block for images, block for content paragraphs, block for plugins, etc.
- You will begin to see in your dashboard to ACTIVATE the Gutenberg feature.
- Plugins you know and love may not work with the new Gutenberg feature. You may need to test your popular plugins for compatibility.
- Your blog theme should work, but some with major functionality details may have a hard time with the compatibility.
- Your current blog content should not be hindered but may have some effect as it migrates, so they ask that we be patient in the process.
Be prepared when Gutenberg launches to spend some time testing your plugins.
If you haven’t started your blog or wanting to grow it, get me FREE Course today.
Read this great articles to get ready for the changes: